Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup cubed cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until blended. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 337 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 11, 2016
Was wonderful. Everyone loved it. Did not want all the egg yolks in a vanilla sauce. Served it with a whiskey sauce. Was awesome. Due to allergies, used chopped dates instead of raisins. Highly recommend it.
Mar 11, 2012
Made it for 8 servings and increased ingredients accordingly. Easy and delicious. Will definietly make it again.
Jan 2, 2011
I've made this recipe twice now and each time I've doubled or tripled the recipe and it still comes out perfect!
Feb 27, 2010
The first time I made this recipe, I was part of a dinner that I was taking to a sick friend. I doubled it as I wanted enough for my husband and me too. It was so good, that i made it the very next day again. I am now copying the recipe as that same friend raved about it and wanted the recipe.
Apr 7, 2008
a very fast recipe to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.