Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
Makes13 servings (about 2 quarts slush mix)
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup grapefruit soda
- 1 cup rum or additional grapefruit soda
- EACH SERVING:
- 2/3 cup grapefruit soda
- Lime wedge and/or fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water; add mint leaves. Cover and steep for 20 minutes. Press through a sieve; discard mint. Stir in the limeade concentrate, cold water, soda and rum. Pour into a 2-1/2-qt. freezer container. Freeze overnight or until set.
- For each serving, scoop 2/3 cup slush into a glass. Pour soda into the glass; garnish as desired.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 278 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
May 10, 2013
Very tasty. It doesn't freeze super hard, so scooping with a measuring cup is easy. Perfect for a warm summer afternoon. I think the rum could sneak up on me though, if I'm not careful ;)
Jun 10, 2012
Great... I use mint water with the slush rather than more soda so its not so sweet.
Jul 6, 2010
We made these for the 4th of July and they were a big hit. They were absolutely DELICIOUS!