Dark Chocolate Bourbon Balls
Remember the days at Grama and Grampa's house when you make these wonderfully traditional treats? The blended taste of bourbon and pecans is irresistible! We love these Kentucky Derby bourbon balls. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- Combine 1 cup pecans and bourbon; let stand, covered, for 8 hours or overnight.
- Cream butter and confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until crumbly; stir in pecan mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape into 1-in. balls, about 45 minutes. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Dip in chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Let stand until set.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bourbon ball: 124 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Bourbon Balls in Fresh Home Spring 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.