Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Grease 2 baking sheets; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugars, then the cream; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage), about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the pecan halves, chopped pecans and bourbon. Immediately drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until pralines are set and no longer glossy. Store in an airtight container.
1 praline: 183 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.