Coconut Rum Balls
My mom has made rum balls for as long as I can remember. They look beautiful on a dessert spread and can be packaged in a decorative tin as a gift. I swapped coconut rum for the traditional rum and added shredded coconut. —Jana Walker, Macomb, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Whisk crushed wafers, confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Stir in coconut and pecans. In a separate bowl, whisk corn syrup and rum; stir into wafer mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls; let stand 1 hour.
- Roll in additional confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 rum ball: 73 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Coconut Rum Balls in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016