Raspberry Coconut Balls
My family loves Hostess Zingers, especially the raspberry flavor coated with coconut. So we came up with this treat to make for school bake sales. We can make about four dozen in 30 minutes, and they sell out fast! —Pam Clark, Wheaton, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 3-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons raspberry extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 cup pink sanding sugar
- Mix wafer crumbs and 1-1/3 cups coconut. Stir in milk and extracts. In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and remaining coconut. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in coconut mixture. Refrigerate in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 93 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Zinger balls in Ultimate Cookie Swap Bookazine 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.