Raspberry Coconut Balls
Total TimePrep: 30 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 3-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons raspberry extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 cup pink sanding sugar
- Mix wafer crumbs and 1-1/3 cups coconut. Stir in milk and extracts. In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and remaining coconut. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in coconut mixture. Refrigerate in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 93 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 23, 2019
I am saving this recipe and will make for Easter brunch. @ Suzette......you mix the remaining coconut and pink sugar together and roll the cookies in that. There is no other sugar called for OR needed in this recipe.
Mar 19, 2019
I plan to makes these cookies for Easter. You don’t need sugar in the recipe because sweetened condensed milk is very sweet plus the sweetened coconut will be plenty of sweet believe me.
Feb 13, 2019
I don't see sugar in ingredient list and it looks like the coconut/sugar mixture is flavored/colored?