Creamy Coconut Snowballs
My grandmother made these cheesecake-like bites for years. They store nicely in the refrigerator so you can keep them on hand for drop-in holiday guests.—Yvonne Schaney, Alliance, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with foil. Grease foil with 1/2 teaspoon butter; set aside. Pulse 3/4 cup coconut in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese and remaining butter; pulse until blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; pulse until blended. Press into prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
- Microwave candy coating and shortening until melted; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Using foil, lift coconut mixture out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into 36 pieces. Taking a few pieces at a time, roll each into a ball; keep remaining pieces refrigerated.
- Using a toothpick, dip balls one at a time in melted coating mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in remaining coconut; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 144 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Delectable Coconut Cream Cheese Snowballs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009