Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 30 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Dash ground nutmeg
- MELBA SAUCE:
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, salt and vanilla. Gradually add milk; mix well. Stir in coconut. Place six ungreased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Fill each with about 3/4 cup coconut mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Fill larger pan with boiling water to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from pan to a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add raspberries, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; strain if desired. Cool. Serve over custard.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 361 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 4, 2009
I am interested in the cake in the picture not the recipe given.
Jul 2, 2009
the pic shows a cake not custard
Jun 11, 2009
The picture of the custard doesn't match the ingredients.granny27