Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 30 min.
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Dash ground nutmeg
- MELBA SAUCE:
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, salt and vanilla. Gradually add milk; mix well. Stir in coconut. Place six ungreased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Fill each with about 3/4 cup coconut mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Fill larger pan with boiling water to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from pan to a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add raspberries, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; strain if desired. Cool. Serve over custard.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 361 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Jul 4, 2009
I am interested in the cake in the picture not the recipe given.
Jul 2, 2009
the pic shows a cake not custard
Jun 11, 2009
The picture of the custard doesn't match the ingredients.granny27
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.