Triple Nut Snowballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Pulse nuts in a food processor until finely ground. Mix nuts into dough.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans 10 minutes.
- Place remaining confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Roll slightly cooled cookies in sugar; return cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cookies in sugar again just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 88 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 16, 2017
Tasty, but not worth the effort, nor the expense of the nuts! These cookies fall apart too easily when trying to roll them in confectioner's sugar.
Sep 30, 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.