Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 3-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 32 to 35 large marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, milk, cocoa and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cracker crumbs and 1-1/2 cups coconut. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Using moistened hands, wrap about 1 tablespoon of mixture around each marshmallow (dip hands in water often to prevent sticking). Roll in remaining coconut; place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 3, 2014
the best snow balls love them
Jan 2, 2013
I made these a few days ago 12/30/2012,I thought that the whole marshmallow was too much so I cut the marshmallow in half.I found the snowball was a bit difficult to cover and roll, I did keep my hands moist but still... maybe I need more practice.
May 9, 2012
I made these for a party and I had people begging for the recipe. They're so good!!
Dec 22, 2011
Easy and very kid-friendly! I didn't have any graham crackers on hand, so I used crushed Oreo cookies instead and they turned out great.
Dec 3, 2011
I always have to make batches throughout the season! My kids never get sick of them!
Mar 1, 2011
These are amazing!!! I was reluctant to even try them, but hubby wanted them. I will make these every year. My kids loved them right out of the freezer and they keep so well! Fantastic recipe!
Jan 30, 2011
YUM, YUM, YUM! I made the Snowballs for this past Christmas and they were a HUGE hit! The ingredients mesh very well and it is a nice fluffy dessert. I will definitely be making them again, espeically since it is so easy in addition to tastey!
Dec 30, 2010
This was definitely an interesting recipie! They were unique, and very good! We did not need to really thaw them much before we were able to eat them.
Oct 2, 2009
These cookies are so YUMMY ? One of my favorites!!!
Mar 30, 2008
They sound very good. How long do you thaw them before serving?