As pretty as a fresh snowdrift, this frothy, fruity punch has been a Christmas tradition in our family for years - but it's a light and refreshing thirst-quencher in any season. —Eloise Neeley, Norton, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 pint lemon or pineapple sherbet
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a blender, cover and process the lemon juice, bananas and sugar until smooth. Add cream; blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, pour banana mixture into a punch bowl. Stir in soda. Top with lemon sherbet and coconut if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 296 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Snow Punch in Country Woman Christmas 2003