As pretty as a fresh snowdrift, this frothy, fruity punch has been a Christmas tradition in our family for years - but it's a light and refreshing thirst-quencher in any season. —Eloise Neeley, Norton, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 pint lemon or pineapple sherbet
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a blender, cover and process the lemon juice, bananas and sugar until smooth. Add cream; blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, pour banana mixture into a punch bowl. Stir in soda. Top with lemon sherbet and coconut if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 296 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Snow Punch in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.