This is a delightful punch to serve guests in the summer, when mint and raspberries are fresh. But because I have lots of mint, I like to serve this year-round.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 9 cups water, divided
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 2-1/4 cups lemonade concentrate, undiluted (18 ounces)
- Ice cubes
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water, mint and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the raspberries, lemonade concentrate and remaining water. Refrigerate overnight.
- Strain raspberry mixture, reserving liquid. Press berries and mint through a sieve; discard seeds and mint. Combine raspberry juice with the reserved liquid. Serve over ice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 171 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Mint Cooler in Country June/July 2003