Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool completely on wire racks. If desired, reroll cookies in confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 92 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 23, 2017
I've made this recipe a few times with both walnuts and pecans. We prefer pecans! I also like to use mini chocolate chips since they are a smaller cookie.
Jan 13, 2016
Family loved this recipe!
Dec 17, 2015
I ran the chocolate chips & nuts (used walnuts) through the blender to finely chop before adding them to the dough. Mine were done baking in <12 min. I used 2 c flour & had no problems. Snowball cookies are supposed to be a bit on the dry/powdery side. Excellent recipe! Thanks!bce1965, you can use either, but I prefer semi-sweet to help counter the sweetness of the cookie dough.
Dec 16, 2015
Do you use milk chocolate chips or semi sweet chips. Thank you!
Jan 18, 2015
These came out great! I saw after the fact that some reviewers decreased the flour, but mine came out just fine with the amount listed. For nuts I used freshly toasted, chopped almonds. I omitted the chocolate chips and instead dipped half the batch in white chocolate, half in dark chocolate. Super yum!
Dec 18, 2014
Just made these for my son-in-law he likes simple cookies will def make them again The only thing I changes after reading reviews I use about 1 1/2 cups of flour insead of the 2 that's called for
Nov 8, 2014
Very good, a little on the dry side
Dec 23, 2013
These have become one of my families favorite Christmas cookie!
Dec 21, 2013
I'm sorry but whoever said these were dry and tasteless clearly did something wrong. These were awesome!!
Dec 19, 2013
Discovered this recipe last year and it's fantastic. The best snowball recipe ever! Love the chocolate chips in them.