Chocolate Peppermint Snaps
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips. Stir until smooth; cool. In another bowl, beat egg, 2/3 cup sugar, oil, corn syrup and extracts until combined. Beat in melted chocolate. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into peppermint mixture. Fold in candies and remaining chocolate chips.
- Place remaining sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until tops are cracked and cookies are set, 12-15 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 79 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 19, 2018
Absolutely loved working with this dough, so easy to roll and form. I did make some of the cookies a little smaller to give my daughter for her friends. I'm really the only fan of crispy snaps in the house but the others actually really liked these. And I LOVED them. The flavors were perfect, perfect amount of sweetness and everything. I added a tiny bit more candies and chocolate chips just because! And I had to lower cook time because my oven is old and cooks fast. I would say they are a great holiday cookie but I can see making these all year long. Great recipe.