Chocolate Peppermint Snaps
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips. Stir until smooth; cool. In another bowl, beat egg, 2/3 cup sugar, oil, corn syrup and extracts until combined. Beat in melted chocolate. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into peppermint mixture. Fold in candies and remaining chocolate chips.
- Place remaining sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until tops are cracked and cookies are set, 12-15 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 79 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2018
Absolutely loved working with this dough, so easy to roll and form. I did make some of the cookies a little smaller to give my daughter for her friends. I'm really the only fan of crispy snaps in the house but the others actually really liked these. And I LOVED them. The flavors were perfect, perfect amount of sweetness and everything. I added a tiny bit more candies and chocolate chips just because! And I had to lower cook time because my oven is old and cooks fast. I would say they are a great holiday cookie but I can see making these all year long. Great recipe.