Peanut Butter Snowballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, peanut butter and butter. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl. Dip balls and place on waxed paper to harden. If desired, sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 132 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 20, 2019
This recipe always makes an appearance on our holiday baking trays. Very easy and they freeze well.
Dec 12, 2019
So good, and addicting. Fun and festive looking as well.
Dec 12, 2019
I made these when it first came out in TOH. My husband loved them. Life happened and I haven't made them for a number of years. I know if I can get to them this year, my grandchildren will want them every year no matter what I coat them with.
Nov 22, 2019
Dec 24, 2017
Yummy. These were so easy. I will double or triple the recipe next time! I love simple recipes like this that turn out so well!
Dec 10, 2017
I’ve been baking for years but never attempted candy until last year, that was funfetti fudge with a cake mix so this was my first. I made 2 separate batches, first one I had paced balls in freezer and the chocolate either cracked or a hole erupted and they leaked. So second batch I chilled in frig for 30 minutes, no cracks but I still have a leaky pin hole in about 1/2 the batch.
Nov 19, 2017
Could you use the melting candy like from crafts stores?
May 16, 2017
I made these for Christmas and everyone loved them. We give this recipe 5 stars.
May 8, 2017
Just about the easiest Christmas candy recipe I have. The first time I served these incredible truffles they were a hit!
Dec 23, 2016
Super easy and very tasty!