Peanut Butter Snowballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, peanut butter and butter. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl. Dip balls and place on waxed paper to harden. If desired, sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 132 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 22, 2019
Nov 21, 2019
I found this recipe when it first came out in Taste of Home. My husband loved them. I have not made them yet for my grandchildren and son-in-law but they LOVE peanut butter so I would need to make a big batch. I will have to make them again this year.
Dec 24, 2017
Yummy. These were so easy. I will double or triple the recipe next time! I love simple recipes like this that turn out so well!
Dec 10, 2017
I’ve been baking for years but never attempted candy until last year, that was funfetti fudge with a cake mix so this was my first. I made 2 separate batches, first one I had paced balls in freezer and the chocolate either cracked or a hole erupted and they leaked. So second batch I chilled in frig for 30 minutes, no cracks but I still have a leaky pin hole in about 1/2 the batch.
Nov 19, 2017
Could you use the melting candy like from crafts stores?
May 16, 2017
I made these for Christmas and everyone loved them. We give this recipe 5 stars.
May 8, 2017
Just about the easiest Christmas candy recipe I have. The first time I served these incredible truffles they were a hit!
Dec 23, 2016
Super easy and very tasty!
Dec 18, 2016
These are amazing!!!! I brought them to a Christmas party and they were gone in less than 20 minutes. I am definitely making them again!
Dec 15, 2015
These are easy and delicious, melt in your mouth. We used milk chocolate for some and white chocolate for the rest.It makes a small batch, but was easy to double or triple.