Raisin Peanut Butter Balls
My daughter, who is a diabetic, can't get enough of this candy. But even folks without special diet needs gobble it up as well.—Lorna Gunter, Kemmerer, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat well. Add peanut butter and extract. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 39 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Raisin Peanut Butter Balls in Country Woman November/December 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.