Raisin Peanut Butter Balls
These healthy peanut butter balls are easy to put together and convenient to have on hand for after school. They'll stop tummies from growling until dinnertime. Sugar substitute can be used in place of sugar. —Lorna Gunter, Kemmerer, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat well. Add peanut butter and extract. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 47 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Raisin Peanut Butter Balls in Country Woman November/December 1999