Chocolate Cherry Candies
I make these only at Christmastime for family and a few close friends; my family really looks forward to this special treat! —Melody Daugherty, Long Beach, California
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Beat peanut butter, butter and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Stir in walnuts, coconut, cherries and cherry juice. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of filling into balls. Freeze 10 minutes.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed paper. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Freeze option: Freeze candy in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, serve frozen or thaw in refrigerator before serving.
Originally published as Chocolate Covered Moose Berries in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.