Date Nut Balls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped pistachios or almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies and pistachios. In a large saucepan, combine butter, dates and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is combined.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over Rice Krispies mixture; stir to coat. When cool enough to handle, press into 1-1/4-in. balls. Cool. If desired, roll in confectioner's sugar. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 ball: 69 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 10, 2018
These treats are wonderful. Easy, no-bake, and fun to make and the rice crispies add a nice crunch. Great new addition to my holiday baking list. Thanks Melinda!
Dec 4, 2016
This is my recipe. I recommend you heat the butter, sugar and dates until sugar is nearly disolved. Soft ball stage of 220 degrees. They hold together nicely and are chewey.