Date Nut Balls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped pistachios or almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies and pistachios. In a large saucepan, combine butter, dates and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is combined.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over Rice Krispies mixture; stir to coat. When cool enough to handle, press into 1-1/4-in. balls. Cool. If desired, roll in confectioner's sugar. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 ball: 69 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 10, 2018
These treats are wonderful. Easy, no-bake, and fun to make and the rice crispies add a nice crunch. Great new addition to my holiday baking list. Thanks Melinda!
Dec 4, 2016
This is my recipe. I recommend you heat the butter, sugar and dates until sugar is nearly disolved. Soft ball stage of 220 degrees. They hold together nicely and are chewey.