Date Nut Balls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped pistachios or almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies and pistachios. In a large saucepan, combine butter, dates and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is combined.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over Rice Krispies mixture; stir to coat. When cool enough to handle, press into 1-1/4-in. balls. Cool. If desired, roll in confectioner's sugar. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Dec 4, 2016
This is my recipe. I recommend you heat the butter, sugar and dates until sugar is nearly disolved. Soft ball stage of 220 degrees. They hold together nicely and are chewey.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.