Apricot Ham Balls
My family requests these ham balls for our annual Christmas Eve open house.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups apricot nectar, divided
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°. Whisk eggs with 3/4 cup nectar. Stir in bread crumbs and onion. Add ham and sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients and nectar. Pour over ham balls. Bake, uncovered, until meat is no longer pink, 45-50 minutes.
Originally published as Apricot-Ham Balls in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.