Date Nut Candy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating and place on waxed paper to harden.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 240 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 21, 2010
I wish i could give this more stars! beautiful and easy to make. this combination is wonderful and tastes awesome! I love this addition to my christmas candy gift bags.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.