Date Nut Candy
Even though my two grown sons aren't big "sweets eaters", they think these candies are exceptional. The big peanut butter flavor is a hit combined with holiday staples like walnuts and dates.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating and place on waxed paper to harden.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 240 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Date Nut Candy in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Nov 21, 2010
I wish i could give this more stars! beautiful and easy to make. this combination is wonderful and tastes awesome! I love this addition to my christmas candy gift bags.