Sugared Date Balls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in dates and nuts.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 22-25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 150 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 16, 2012
I have been on the hunt for the perfect date cookie recipe for awhile. A favorite of my Mom's and I have finally found it! I can't wait to make them for her!Also, the cookies DO taste better after you let them sit a day. So, make them ahead of time.
Mar 20, 2010
Quick, small batch and the longer they set the better they taste.