Sugared Date Balls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in dates and nuts.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 22-25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 150 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 16, 2012
I have been on the hunt for the perfect date cookie recipe for awhile. A favorite of my Mom's and I have finally found it! I can't wait to make them for her!Also, the cookies DO taste better after you let them sit a day. So, make them ahead of time.
Mar 20, 2010
Quick, small batch and the longer they set the better they taste.