Coconut Creme Chocolates
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2-2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (5 ounces), chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, mix marshmallow creme, coconut, vanilla and salt until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip coconut balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 91 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 17, 2018
This isn't a review. But 2 questions. Could you use coconut butter instead of shortening? And Almond extract instead of Vanilla? Just wondering! Thanks!
Feb 8, 2017
Very good. I used dark chocolate and sprinkled toasted almonds on the top.
Sep 12, 2015
These were good, but a little too sweet for me. I made them again, dipped then in dark chocolate and sprinkled the top with chopped pecans while the chocolate was wet, so much better, for us anyway
Mar 5, 2015
Awesome and easy recipe. Family and co-workers always asking me to make them at gatherings!!!
Feb 3, 2014
My mom made these last week. My kids loved them! So good. I think they would be good with an almond tucked in the middle.