Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 unsliced croissants
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cut a slit into the side of each croissant; fill with about 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in milk until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, cream and vanilla.
- Dip croissants into egg mixture. Place in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 451 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Feb 15, 2013
AMAZING!! I used miniature Hershey's bars and they worked perfectly. Also 9 min. was perfect amount of baking time. Top was wonderfully crunchy and bottom was not soggy. My sons loved them. I had cut recipe down but should have made two per person because they were so delicious we all wanted another!
Sep 9, 2011
This is a great recipe. My husband and children love it. I only made it on special occasions. I use small croissants.
Nov 13, 2010
Cook just a bit longer to avoid sogginess. It was a hit for my fam!!!
May 3, 2010
Added fresh raspberries after they were done baking and sprinkles with powdered sugar - YUM! You can omit the stuff you dip it in if you want a different taste that is quicker to make :)