Chocolate Coconut Oaties
There are those nights when you just need a sweet treat. I hit the pantry and improvised this recipe on the fly. The secret is the mini chocolate chips—you get a little melty goodness in every single bite.—Emily Tyra, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, oats and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/4-in. square cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Freeze option: Transfer wrapped disks to a resealable freezer container; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator until soft enough to roll. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 106 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.