Kick up your meatballs with a splash of bourbon and vinegar for punchy sweet-and-sour flavor. —Kimla Carsten, Grand Junction, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 2 packages (22 ounces each ) frozen fully cooked angus beef meatballs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- Prepare meatballs according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, whisk together remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a simmer; cook 5 minutes. Stir in meatballs; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Not sure which brand of frozen meatballs to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 95 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Bourbon Ham Balls in Taste of Home September/October 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.