Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in small batches over medium heat, turning often. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm; drain.
- In the same pan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; add the meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 110 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Sep 25, 2014
I used half 'n half along with 1-1/2 lbs. ground venison and 1/2 lb. ground pork in place of the beef. Tender and nicely flavored. Thank you!
Jan 26, 2013
Perfect. I doubled the sauce recipe so I had extra. I used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of evaporated milk. I also used Italian breadcrumbs.
Jun 5, 2012
Tasty. I will make these again.
Mar 25, 2012
Great recipe ... can be used with homemade or bought meatballs. Quick and easy ... and VERY DELICIOUS
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.