Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in small batches over medium heat, turning often. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm; drain.
- In the same pan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; add the meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 110 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 25, 2014
I used half 'n half along with 1-1/2 lbs. ground venison and 1/2 lb. ground pork in place of the beef. Tender and nicely flavored. Thank you!
Jan 26, 2013
Perfect. I doubled the sauce recipe so I had extra. I used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of evaporated milk. I also used Italian breadcrumbs.
Jun 5, 2012
Tasty. I will make these again.
Mar 25, 2012
Great recipe ... can be used with homemade or bought meatballs. Quick and easy ... and VERY DELICIOUS