Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornstarch and consomme until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over the meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts3 meatballs with sauce: 117 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2014
Tasty and most importantly, approved by the husband. =)
May 18, 2013
I added a cup of rice under my meatballs and doubled the liquid (but not the corn starch). It came out awesome! I will definiately be making this again.
Sep 28, 2009
Beef consomme comes out more like condensed cream of chicken soup. Not a lot of water in it..like beef broth. You will find it next to the soups.
Mar 6, 2009
What is the difference between condensed beef consomme and beef broth?