BBQ Turkey Meatballs
What's a party without meatballs? We have these at all of our big gatherings, but they also work great for an easy weeknight meal. This recipe can also be made with ground beef or even store-bought meatballs. —Lisa Harms, Moline, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 bottle (20 ounces) ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine egg, bread crumbs, onion and pepper. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Mix sauce ingredients; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low until meatballs are cooked through, 3-4 hours.
- Freeze Option: Freeze cooled meatball mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.