Turkey & Pork Meatballs
Treat yourself to homemade meatballs, already simmering in sauce, at the end of a busy day. —Suzanne Wagg, Madison, Maine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- Hot cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, and chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Pulse bread in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl. Combine bread crumbs with the next seven ingredients. Add turkey and pork; mix lightly but thoroughly. With wet hands, shape into twenty-four 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over top; stir gently. Cook, covered, on low until meatballs are cooked through, 4-5 hours. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta and sprinkle with parsley.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts4 meatballs with 1/3 cup sauce: 273 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1049mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Meatballs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.