Contest-Winning Turkey Meatball Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 celery rib with leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, celery and carrot to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the egg, bread crumbs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Add meatballs to the simmering broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until no meat is longer pink. Add noodles. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 193 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 6, 2015
I made this soup today and my family loved it. My daughters said the meatballs are delishious. I added a diced jalape?o to the onions. Really good lots of flavor. Will be making again.
Feb 6, 2013
Awesome for people who don't eat red meat.
Jan 6, 2012
Very delicious, healthy and simple soup! I added a little pinch of red pepper flakes to the beginning to give the broth a nice spice. Only thing I will do different next is add a little more seasonings to the turkey meat.
Dec 29, 2011
This was a really good soup. Lots of flavor. This is a favorite.
Apr 20, 2011
Dec 24, 2010
we used left over turkey carcass to make the soup, and we added in all the rest of the ingredients. de-lish!
Nov 20, 2010
Super comforting soup! Easy to prepare and have made several times and always terrific.I just add more broth to extend it. It really is a family favorite.