Turkey Sloppy Joes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except buns; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 259 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Jan 1, 2016
Tasty! Omitted celery seed as I didn't have any on hand. A good recipe!
Aug 27, 2014
I've been using his recipe for years. It's easy, fast and can be adapted to all please every taste. Add alittle more heat, or make it alittle tangier, whatever you like. One of our family's favorites.
Jul 7, 2013
Good and easy to make.
May 9, 2012
I've never liked Sloppy Joes, but this recipe has changed my mind! Pretty healthy, super fast, and yummy! I did find it a little dry, so I make 1.5 times the amount of sauce.
Oct 13, 2011
Very tasty and super easy to prepare. My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe. It's even better the next day!
Oct 1, 2011
Just made this recipe..the only thing I didn't add was the celery seed but only because I do not have it on hand...AMAZING recipe and very GOOD and EASY to make...cheap, too!! ;)
Aug 18, 2010
Great tangy taste! Really fast and easy to make!
Mar 31, 2010
Very good and very simple to make. My family loves it.
Feb 5, 2010
This is one of my familys' favorites. I always use extra lean (99% lean) ground turkey as I think it tastes much better. I make four or five batches of this and freeze the extra in quart-size freezer bags. Not only is this good on buns but it's good over a lettuce salad.
Feb 29, 2008
I always add my own homemade BBQ Sauce
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.