Sneaky Turkey Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Optional: Barbecue sauce and fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place cauliflower in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, potato starch, vinegar, salt, basil and pepper.
- Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. With ice cream scoop or with wet hands, shape into 1 1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-24 minutes or until cooked through. If desired, toss with barbecue sauce and top with basil.
Nutrition Facts2 meatballs: 125 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat.
Apr 3, 2020
This recipe is great. I make it for my elderly Mom so that I can sneak in some veggies. She loves them. I substitute an egg instead of the potato starch so that I can give her more protein.
Feb 11, 2020
This recipe is awesome! I substituted ground chicken for the turkey and shredded carrots for the cabbage. A new favorite and something I can't wait to make again!
Jul 14, 2019
Interesting dish. I used our homegrown grass fed Black Angus. This was a GREAT way to sneak in veggies even for a finicky eating husband.