Sneaky Turkey Meatballs
Like most kids, mine refuse to eat certain veggies. In order to feed them healthy foods, I have to be sneaky sometimes. The veggies give these meatballs a pleasing texture while providing valuable nutrients—and I'm happy to say my kids love 'em. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Optional: Barbecue sauce and fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place cauliflower in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, potato starch, vinegar, salt, basil and pepper.
- Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. With ice cream scoop or with wet hands, shape into 1 1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-24 minutes or until cooked through. If desired, toss with barbecue sauce and top with basil.