Cheesy Meatball Sliders
These meatball sliders are a fun way to serve up meatballs at your party without using a slow cooker. Made on mini Hawaiian rolls, they have a hint of sweetness to balance out all the great Italian seasonings. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1 hour. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (18 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 12 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or shredded Italian cheese blend
- Minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, pesto and egg; mix lightly. Shape into 12 meatballs; place on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until browned and a thermometer reads 160°, about 35 minutes. Toss meatballs with sauce; set aside.
- Meanwhile, without separating rolls, cut horizontally in half; arrange bottom halves in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place half of cheese slices over roll bottoms; sprinkle with oregano. Add meatballs and sauce. Top with remaining cheese slices and bun tops.
- Combine butter, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes; brush over buns. Bake, covered 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with Parmesan and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 514 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Italian Party meatball sliders in Taste of Home October/November 2019