Cheesy Meatball Sliders
These meatball sliders are a fun way to serve up meatballs at your party without using a slow cooker. Made on mini Hawaiian rolls, they have a hint of sweetness to balance out all the great Italian seasonings. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1 hour. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1 package (18 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 12 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or shredded Italian cheese blend
- Minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, pesto and egg; mix lightly. Shape into 12 meatballs; place on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until browned and a thermometer reads 160°, about 35 minutes. Toss meatballs with sauce; set aside.
- Meanwhile, without separating rolls, cut horizontally in half; arrange bottom halves in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place half of cheese slices over roll bottoms; sprinkle with oregano. Add meatballs and sauce. Top with remaining cheese slices and bun tops.
- Combine butter, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes; brush over buns. Bake, covered 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with Parmesan and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with basil before serving.