Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place meatballs in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over meatballs; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 70 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 12, 2017
The flavor was a winner, but the sauce was very runny, and not a glaze. Maybe it just depends on what brand of chili sauce you use. They are quite sweet (a little too sweet for my taste). Anyway, the second time I made them, I cut down on the sugar and added a few tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot - very yummy alteration! It cut some of the sweetness and added just a little kick. I highly recommend it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.