Apricot Brandy Slush
While spending the summer in New Mexico, we tasted this refreshing golden color tea beverage enhanced with something borrowed from the cocktail world: apricot brandy.—Shirley Miller, Williamsport, PA
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makes8 servings (6-1/2 cups slush mix)
- 4-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup apricot brandy
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil; remove from heat. Add tea bags; steep, covered, 3-5 minutes according to taste. Discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool.
- Stir in apricot brandy, juice concentrates and remaining water. Transfer to a 2-qt. freezer container. Freeze, covered, 6 hours or overnight.
- For each serving, scoop 3/4 cup slush into a rocks glass. Pour soda into glass. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 278 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Brandy Slush in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine