- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lemon zest strips (about 6 lemons)
- 3 cups lemon juice (about 14 lemons)
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon zest strips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Stir in lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Discard lemon peel. Pour mixture into a large pitcher; gradually stir in club soda.
1 cup: 251 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.