Club soda gives a little fizz to this refreshing sweet-tart beverage. —Becky Baird, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lemon zest strips (about 6 lemons)
- 3 cups lemon juice (about 14 lemons)
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon zest strips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Stir in lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Discard lemon peel. Pour mixture into a large pitcher; gradually stir in club soda.