Roast Leg of Lamb
"A simple herb mixture on this roast provides irresistible flavor," relates Sharon Cusson of Augusta, Maine.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 leg of lamb (6 to 9 pounds), trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cut 12-14 slits 1/2 in. deep in roast. Combine garlic, thyme, marjoram, oregano, salt and pepper; spoon 2 teaspoons into the slits. Brush roast with oil; rub with remaining herb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let meat stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 190 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Roast Leg of Lamb in Taste of Home October/November 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.