Turkey Leg Pot Roast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Place drumsticks over vegetables. Sprinkle with the seasoned salt, thyme, parsley and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 5-1/2 hours or until turkey is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 460 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 1416mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 54g protein.
Mar 13, 2019
Swapped turkey thighs for the drumsticks and colourful heirloom carrots for the baby carrots....might make a quick batch of stuffing to go with it. Can't wait for supper!
Jul 25, 2017
I fixed this recipe exactly as noted yesterday for my husband and I to see if it was company worthy and we both agreed...ABSOLUTELY! It is so easy, so inexpensive, and SO delicious. The turkey was moist and flavorful. I will make it for our guests this weekend and expect to have requests for the recipe.
Jul 17, 2017
Made this once and I kept reaching back for it,,,should i say more...yum!
Feb 1, 2017
This was a very easy and tasty one pot dish! We thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely make again and again!
Sep 18, 2016
I used two large turkey legs because that was all I had on hand. I was out of chicken broth, so I used a mug of boiling water and two chicken bouillon cubes. Tt was delicious.
Apr 19, 2015
loved it!!!!!!! My hubby can't stop saying how good it was.
Oct 13, 2012
Made no changes and it ess good. I only rated it a 4 for I prefer white meat. My husband loves the dark, thus why I made this, so he was very happy.
Sep 3, 2011
With the rising cost of food, I found this recipe to be inexpensive and good. My husband loved it, and so did I. I didn't make any changes to the recipe except that I had some fresh thyme on hand so used that instead of dried.
Sep 3, 2011
With the rising cost of food, I found this receipe to be inexpensive and very good. I purchased a package of 3 turkey legs for
Jan 30, 2010
This was sooooo yummy! I didn't sprinkle seasoning but rolled legs in it. Also, since there's no such thing as "baby" carrots, I cut carrots into cross-wise thirds, then into length-wise sticks. Have shared it with a friend & will surely make this again.