Roasted Turkey Drumsticks
Of all the turkey recipes I've tried, I like this one best. The tender drumsticks have just a bit of zip.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup red wine or additional chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and white pepper. Add drumsticks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown drumsticks on all sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, broth, wine or additional broth, soup mix, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until flavors are blended. Add bay leaf. Pour sauce over the drumsticks.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn drumsticks; cover and bake 30-40 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and thermometer reads 180°. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 443 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1795mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Apr 18, 2014
Absolutely loved the blended flavors in this! Great for any time of the year, and so happy about that, since I love turkey, but don't like to make a whole one more often then once a year.