Pork Roast Dinner
I am single and love to cook, so I often cook for friends that either don't cook or who work nights. They love new recipes, and this was one of their favorites. The leftover meat makes great barbecue pork sandwiches the next day.—Lisa J. Chamberlain, St. Charles, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 8 hours
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 pounds large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Combine the garlic, fennel, rosemary, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Place potatoes and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork. Pour broth over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Let meat stand 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked pork with 1 cup vegetables: 369 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Crock-Pot Two Potato Pork Tenderloin and Onions in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.