Rosemary-Garlic Roast Beef
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tri-tip roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch slices
- Combine the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; set aside 4 teaspoons. Rub the remaining mixture over roast; place in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk reserved herb mixture with oil. In a shallow dish, combine the potatoes, yellow peppers and onion; add oil mixture. Toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Transfer roast and peppers to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, return potatoes and onion to the oven; bake 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 352 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
May 5, 2019
very good dish!
Aug 13, 2013
I had to substitute the tri tip for a rump roast since my local grocery store didn't carry tri tip and it was still quite tender and delicious!! Wish I had more left over.
Oct 29, 2012
Made it for dinner tonight. was very yummy. will make it again...
Apr 13, 2011
So good! And really did make the house smell wonderful, even the next day. This one is a keeper.
May 14, 2009
I have made this recipe 2 times. Once for Christmas for the family and once for "just us". The second time I put the meat on the grill and the veggies in a foil pack on the grill. It was just about as good as in the oven. It is pricey but sometimes tri tip is on sale and that is when I buy it.
Mar 19, 2009
This recipe sounds great; I am going to try it very soon; my husband is a great fan of anything with garlic, so I'm sure he will enjoy it!