Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 frenched racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, parsley, thyme and garlic. Add oil and toss; set aside. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides. Brush mustard over top of meat, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place racks in a shallow baking pan side by side with bones interlaced resting against each other. Bake 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2015
Made this for my very critical family for Christmas dinner & they absolutely loved it. They even said that it was restuarant quality. I made it just as the recipe said to. It was very simple to make. I will be using this recipe again ????
Apr 15, 2014
Delicious! I cooked it for my husband's birthday and he loved it. It would be very impressive for a dinner party. Great flavors.
Dec 26, 2013
Made this for Christmas dinner. Our dinner guests gave it top reviews and demanded the recipe.Use Dorot frozen parsley and garlic. Also used some Panko in with the bread crumbs.