Italian Herb-Crusted Pork Loin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 8 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- In a small bowl, mix oil, garlic and seasonings; rub over roast. Arrange carrots and onions on the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan. Place roast over vegetables, fat side up. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 475°. Roast the pork for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 425°. Roast 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145° and vegetables are tender. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 295 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2018
I seared the meat with salt and pepper first. Then used the pre-made pesto and put the fresh herbs in that.and put enough on top to create the crust. Cooked to temp reached 153, since I like pork cooked more well done but not dry. I took out of the oven and tented it for about 5-8 mins so it absorbs the juice back into the meat. Everyone loved it. Will make again.
Dec 15, 2016
Very nice recipe. It took a bit longer than the instructions stated but well worth the wait.
May 11, 2016
Great flavor! Even good the next day as leftovers.
Apr 6, 2016
We added a cranberry pesto to top this off and it was amazing!
Jan 18, 2016
The roast was delicious and very moist!
Jan 18, 2016
This is an excellent roast. It comes out moist, tender, and flavorful. I made different veggies and cooked them separately...red cabbage & apples and mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting.
Jan 17, 2016
Nov 30, 2015
This is in the oven right now. If I had to rate it based on smell alone, it would definitely get five stars! Can't wait to taste it, will rate after dinner.So after having dinner I have to change my review a bit. The pork itself was delicious and perfectly done. The carrots weren't quite done to my liking, and I think the veggies themselves should have been seasoned with at least salt and pepper. Overall, I would definitely make this again, but with a couple alterations.
Nov 29, 2015
Paired great with the cranberry basil pesto on the same page in the magazine. I don't remember the exact name of the recipe.
Nov 10, 2015
Very juicy and tender, Great flavor. huge hit with the family. Will definitely make again!