Herbed Italian Rib Roast
"This amazing recipe has been a favorite in my family for years. I like to roast twice as many vegetables so I can make a quick, full-flavored hash with the leftovers." – Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound parsnips, quartered
- 1 pound carrots, quartered
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place roast in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onions. Drizzle with butter; toss to coat. Spoon vegetables around roast; sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), stirring vegetables occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Originally published as talian Roasted Beef with Herbs and vegetables in Taste of Home December/January 2011
Apr 25, 2011
Delicious! Not surprising that the veggies had that much flavor with all the butter, but for the once a year treat of prime rib, totally worth it.
Dec 12, 2010
My friend served this at our Cookie Swap dinner and it was Great