Mediterranean Rack of Lamb
It’s elegant. It’s special. And it will have your guests thinking you went all out. They don’t have to know how simple it is. —Susan Nilsson, Sterling, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano or 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh oregano and lemon slices, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan. In small bowl, combine the lemon zest, oregano, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Rub over lamb.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. If desired, serve with fresh oregano and lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts1/2 rack: 307 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Mediterranean Rack of Lamb in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.