Crispy Herb-Coated Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup butter and herb-flavored mashed potato flakes
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, melt butter. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potato flakes, cheese and garlic powder. Dip chops, one at a time, in butter, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 533 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Jul 21, 2017
Pretty good, I did season my pork chops though. I found the chops to be a little salty, but I think it's because I seasoned them. I'll be making again and will update.
Nov 9, 2014
Loved this recipe and will definitely make them again as I have most of a box of butter and herb instant potatoes to use up.
Sep 8, 2013
We liked these chops they were moist and something different thank you for sharing.
Aug 15, 2013
This is so easy. My husband hates instant potatoes so I have to hide them when making this. Once this is ready to be cooked he never knows! He loves pork chops this way. I even use this recipe for company. Always raves.
Apr 12, 2013
Very quick, tasty, and easy.
Mar 16, 2011
Fabulous and easy. The chops came out moist and tender. Other reviews complained about calorie and fat content. If you are watching your calories, my suggestion? Find another recipe!!
Sep 18, 2010
The people who complain about the fat/calories, etc. They need to look at the Light and Tasty section.
Sep 11, 2010
What could be substituted for the potato flakes?
Sep 10, 2010
I also made this with gravy from the pan drippins, absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Sep 9, 2010
Jill, that's the type of instant mashed potatoes. They are Butter and Herb flavored instant mashed potatoes. Hope that helps.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.