Curried Vegetable Soup
I created this recipe uniting my favorite spices with frozen vegetables to save time. It's easy to scale up to feed a crowd. I usually prepare enough to make sure there are leftovers. For a buffet, keep this soup warm in a slow cooker, and set yogurt out in a separate dish to let guests serve themselves. —Heather Demeritte, Scottsdale, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Plain Greek yogurt, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute or until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients except yogurt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove soup from heat; cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender until smooth; return to pot and heat through. If desired, top with yogurt to serve.