Curried Chicken and Grits Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- Bring water, 1 cup broth and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir a small amount of grits into eggs. Return all to pan, stirring constantly. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese and butter; stir until melted.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine soup, mayonnaise, curry powder and remaining broth in a large bowl. Add vegetable blend, chicken and potatoes; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with grits; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 629 calories, 53g fat (14g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1094mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Jan 23, 2017
Dear cpko, Quick grits are white hominy.. similar to corn meal and is usually sold in your grocers cereal isle.. you could possibly sub the grits for corn meal if you can not find them..mixing the corn meal mix by package instruction before adding to the top.
Mar 15, 2015
This may be a silly question,, but i am Canadian, and we dont have Grits, let alone quick grits.. please tell me what they are... I really want to try this !