Portobello & Onion Tart
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese or Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, score a 1/2" border along edges of pastry. Within border, prick pastry with a fork. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. If center has puffed, flatten gently with a spatula.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. To same pan, add remaining oil and the onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Return mushrooms to pan; stir in salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs until blended; stir in cheese. Pour into crust. Top evenly with mushroom mixture. Bake 13-15 minutes or just until cheese mixture is set. If desired, sprinkle with rosemary.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 503 calories, 33g fat (10g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 31, 2016
My husband and I loved this. I had some leftover fresh oregano and thyme and used that instead of the rosemary. I think the rosemary would be fantastic but you could easily switch it for other fresh herbs if you have those instead.