Portobello and Chickpea Sheet Pan Supper
This is a great meatless dinner or an amazing side dish. It works well with a variety of sheet-pan-roasted vegetables. We enjoy using zucchini or summer squash in the summer, and you can also change up the herbs in the dressing. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Toss garbanzo beans with 2 tablespoons oil mixture. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- Brush mushrooms with 1 tablespoon oil mixture; add to pan. Toss asparagus and tomatoes with remaining oil mixture; arrange around mushrooms. Bake until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes longer.